Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grube

Programmer
Feb 6, 2007
i start my aplication (on PC) but there is changes that i make.
I put single message('Helo!') before opening main window and there is no message. i start aplication on my notebook ( same version ) and everything is working fine...

i tried to synchronize all procedures, and one of my procedures shuts down the clarion and error is displayed...
something to view C60LOG.TXT file...
this is what is inside:

Error: General Protection Fault
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60RUN.DLL 2f:1072
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:1fc8
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:3766
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:381f
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:3943
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:3865
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:391a
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:1c3e
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ASV.DLL 9:0be3
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60GEN.DLL 2c:1005
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60GEN.DLL 2e:39e9
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60GEN.DLL 32:4e47
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60GEN.DLL 21:1c5c
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60DEF.DLL a:00f7
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60DEF.DLL a:07ce
C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60GEN.DLL 21:010a
----------------------------------

then i tried to synchronize that same procedure on my notebook, and there is also the same error, but whwn i start the aplication everything is fine..

Any ideas?

i start my aplication (on PC) but there is NO changes that i make.

sorry i misstyped my first line before...and i don't see edit option...

Hi Grube,

Try exporting the Application to a TXA (File -> Export Text), take a backup of your application, create a new application and Import the TXA (File -> Import Text). This will remove unwanted template leftovers which might cause problems. You can do this for certain procedures only by using (File -> Selective Export). I had a similar problem yestaerday and this resolved it.

Regards

Thanx ShamkerJ but this doesn't help...
if i set my EXE file to "Standalone" i get 283 errors...
Strange??? i don't know why?

if i set it to Local, my compiling takes forever...around 10 minutes, and in the end everything crashes and i get that windows "send" "don't send" error message...

the same app file on my notebook works perfect. Same Clarion, same version, in the same folder on disk....

maybe i have problem somewhere in registry, but clarion was never instaled on the pc...just copy/past from some third computer...

new update...

i bought a new PC , and i installed fresh windows ( XP pro ).
i copied clarion from my notebook ( reminder: on my notebook everything is working fine ). i also copied all files in the Application folder...

start Clarion on PC, load the project, compile and run application... everything went ok...
but every new change i make the compiler doesn't apply it...
i put simple "Hello!" message before opening main window, and i get nothing...i do the same thing on my notebook, the message apears before opening main window...

what can be wrong??? need help badly...

i had a similar problem once. I burned the clarion folder on a cd and then i just copy-paste from the cd to my computer, i forgot to clear then read-only properties of the clarion folder, so that was the problem. It seems that your problem is more complex, but maybe this can help. Regards

thanx RobertoMexicali but no luck with unchecking read only box. but i figured something out...

if i delete all files in my application folder ( except *.app, *.dct and all *.tps files ) application and compiling works ok... but when i return to clarion and make first change and try to save that i get Runtime Error - (1194) Doyou want to GPF?...
After that all my changes are not applied just like before...

What the hell is going on with that clarion???
that's 6.1 version...
is there anywhere where i can download some new version, maybe with instalation setup??? i don't know what to do anymore????

:(

did you already try deleting all the files of your application on the clarion6-obj32-release folder?

maybe you should also try copy your app and dct files on other directory and compile again

doing both things will ensure you start clean and from zero

i've tried that just now, but no luck...
application starts ok, and compiling is ok...
application is working fine...

but when i shut down my app and go back to clarion, make some changes, compile again, start app....there are no changes in the app.

if i delete all the files in my app folder ( except app and dct ) and then compile, in that case app will have all the changes...
it seems like i have to delete those files every time before i compile the app ....

i'm always Admin...on PC and Notebook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back