Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compile of memo string 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarryC

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2000
NZ
Hi,
I am storing code in a memo file. When I bring it into the running exe and compile it I still get the original .FXP file running. I checked the program file and it has the new code and the prg and fxp have same date and time. What am I doing wrong? Why isnt the new fxp recognised? I get a 'source is out of date error'.

DELETE FILE report_code.* && Delete the previous
SELECT avail_reports_v && Select report choice table
LOCATE FOR ALLTRIM(avail_reports_v.desc) = ALLTRIM thisform.lb_report_type.ListItem(thisform.lb_report_type.ListItemId))
STRTOFILE(avail_reports_v.code, "report_code.prg") && Bring in the memo from the current record
COMPILE report_code && Compile the program
SELECT c_query && Select the data table
DO report_code && Run

GarryC

When I bring it into the running exe and compile it I still get the original .FXP file running.

Do you have the "report_code" included in your project and marked as "included in the executable"? That would indicate that VFP will use that version, rather then the new one, VFP normally looks within the exe first.If so remove it by right-mouse on it and select exclude.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

GarryC,

You don't mention what version of VFP you have, but if it is 7 or 8, you can use the new EXECSCRIPT command and run the code in the memo field directly at run time.

Apologies if that's irrelevant,

Stewart

Thanks guys. Reports were included in exe. I love the 'execscript'. I only just upgraded from V6 to V8 and didn't realize it existed. Many thanks.

GarryC,

Yeah, execscript is good, I use it a lot :)

You'll find other good new stuff in 8 by looking in the What's new section of the help.

For new stuff in 7 try looking at

(I know it says foxpro60 in the link, but it is for version 7!)

Hope that helps,

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back