Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile Error in Hidden Module: Autoexec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
User is on Windows 2k sp3, with word 9.0.3821 SR-1.

Each time the user opens word he gets

"Compile Error in Hidden Module: Autoexec"

I'm sure this is related some how to sp3 or the user has done something to the machine since I gave it to him.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Also, check to see if Goldmine is installed on the system. If it is, go to and search for Goldmine, Microsoft Word, Bloodhound; and look for an article titled Norton AntiVirus detects Bloodhound.import in Gmlink.dot.

Does the user have Adobe Acrobat 5.0 installed w/addins?
This can occur if the Office Startup folder or the Microsoft Excel Startup folder (XLSTART) has the following Adobe Acrobat PDFMaker add-in template files:
Pdfmaker.dot or Pdfmaker.xla

Go to Microsofts site:

This can also occur if Norton AntiVirus software is installed. The above link will provide you with information on what to do.
Good Luck.....
Laurie

Yes, we have nav corporate edition 7.5 and this user also has the latest full version of adobe installed.

Issue caused by not selecting the OfficeXP add-in during Acrobat 5.0 installation & later installing the Acrobat patch to 5.0.5.

Resolved by removing the PDFmaker.dot from the 'startup' folder in the OfficeXP client install location.

Confirm the add-in is no longer listed within Word, and you should be good-to-go.

Hope this helps. Fixed mine in about 30 sec.

So just delete that file in win2k also?

This is where it's at:
1 - c:\documents and settings\adminstrator\application data\microsoft\office\recent
2. c:\documents and settings\user\application data\microsoft\office\recent

Thanks....

The locations you referenced are generally for shortcut (.lnk) files only.

On mine, the culprit was in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup' for Word... and 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart' for Excel.

The files were pdfmaker.dot and pdfmaker.xls, respectively.

Thanks msnovl - works for me, in also around 30secs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back