Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COmpatibilty of Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz 533MHz, 512 KB L2 C and Win ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinr

Technical User
Aug 3, 2002
IN
Hi,
i just installed this system..

P4 2.4 Ghz 533 Mhz FSB and 512 Kb L2 Cache
256 Mb 266Mhz DDR RAM
40 GB 7200rpm Samsung HDD
HIS Micro ATX board (VIA Chipset Onboard sound and 32 mb AGP that takes ProSavage DDR drivers)
17" color Samsung Monitor

Now ME on install is really slwer ( slower than even some 1 ghz systems i have installed in the past ). The video and the games feeds have problems as they are not continuous as the execution pasues after few seconds of running. ( Not as slow as a slideshow though). This is a brand new system and im still covered by warranty if any of my components are faulty. Also there are only 2 jumpers that can be selected on the board, one is for cmos clear, and the other for voltage input select. Is there some bios etting i may need to modify? if so and if anyone has facesd a similar problem, please help.. Any help possible would be widely appreciated.

thank you

I would get the latest video and sound drivers fri=om the MOBO maker and get rid of ME.

yep, just install win2k prof. and all your problems will be over!![sleeping2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back