Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBGGB

Programmer
Sep 1, 2015
US
Good day all,

I want to order the following desktop phone type but I would like to know if it is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 10 and Skype for Business 2016. If anyone can shed light on that I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

Phone Model: Polycom CX700

I'd guess that someone at Polycom could answer those questions.

Thanks for the information. However, I've been on the phone with Polycom Reps and they steered clear of giving me confirmation.

BTW, none of the requirements you listed have anything to do with Microsoft Office, which is what this forum is all about???

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

First, do not ask the same question in different ways in the same forum. That's not going to help anybody.

If I were asking about Polycom equipment on Tek-Tips, I might start with the forum at the below link:
forum461

There may be a better one, but that might get you started in the right direction.

Otherwise, if you are going to pay the money for something like Polycom equipment, then they doggone ought to be able to tell you what their equipment is or is not compatible with. That equipment is not cheap. I can say their video conferencing equipment and phone conferencing equipment works really nicely, but I was never involved with the setup where I had the pleasure of using it.

I'd also try just searching across the web, changing up my search criteria. If the link above doesn't work well enough, surely there's a place online where people talk more regularly about that. I'd definitely consider asking somewhere in the wiring closet type forums here on tek-tips. Seems some of them have a lot of activity and many well informed individuals.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Good Day,

Thank you all for the knowledge and assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back