Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comparing Access 2000 VS XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

level1

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
GB
Hi everyone, could you please give me any possible links to a document/s (or anything) that shows or discusses or lists the basic (or detailed) differences of Access 2000 and Access 2002 (sp2).

My attempt to answer this question was simply to go through some existing databases from others, and i discovered changes on the VB code as for special functions (dates, chars) e.t.c but it would be a lot quicker for me to find a document that gives me some basic feedback rather than trying to produce all possible incompatibilities by my self.

The reason i need this is for an evaluation document for a company mainly need to focus on the following subjects:

1. What impact is there on Win 2000 clients trying to read and write to the DB when the DB is upgraded to Win XP?

2. What impact is there on Win XP clients trying to read and write to the DB when the DB is running at Win 2000?

3. What is the best deployment method that minimises downtime and loss of functionality on the database to the users? Should all the clients be migrated at one time or should it be completed gradually. If the latter is chosen, what impact is there on the user?

I need to make the document addressing more than the above. So as said some documentation addressing incompatibilities will do and then i can answer the above three questions plus more if i know what are the incompatibilities...

P.S Do not stick with those 3 questions. These are to be answered on a later stage. What i need for now is something addressing changes between access 2000 and XP as well as VBA 6.0 to VBA 6.3.
Thanks for reading this.
Please help

I do like answering my own questions is always enjoyable. Well first the reference to my previous post for incompatibilities in "special functions (dates, chars)" is wrong hehehe this never happened... sory for this

and seccond i found the following links addressing all my questions from the mothers web site ofcourse... at:

1)
2)
Anybody to add anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back