Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare Summary Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHurdatADP

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
This is Enterprise V4, RS 3.10. I have two columns, one with REG hours, the other with OT hours. I can create a derived field which compares OT hours to REG hours at the detail level as a percent (OT/REG).

I can sum the REG and OT hours columns by dept or paygroup. Is it possible to compare the summary totals in the same way as at the detail level?

You would need to create a Macro Derived Field. It would be a very simple macro but I don't think I could walk you through it in a text based way. I need to see the report to do it.

These will help:

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Thanks for the guides. Unfortunately, until I have some formal training using macros, or at least an example, it's all Greek. What I want to do is show Overtime Hours as a percent of Regular Hours and Overtime Earnings as a percent of Regular Earnings. (OT/REG) Reg hours and earnings come from row 1, plus earnings code 300, while OT hours/earnings come from row 2 and earnings code 202.

Here's the SQL

SELECT
( DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ROW_NBR",1 ,"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."AL_HOURS",0 ) + DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ERNCD",'300' , "PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."AL_HOURS",0) ), ( DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ROW_NBR",1 ,"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."EARNINGS",0 ) + DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ERNCD",'300' ,"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."EARNINGS",0 )) , ( DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ROW_NBR",2 ,"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."AL_HOURS",0 ) + DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ERNCD",'202' , "PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."AL_HOURS",0) ), ( DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ROW_NBR",2 ,"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."EARNINGS",0 ) + DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ERNCD",'202' ,"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."EARNINGS",0 )) ,
"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."AL_HOURS", "PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."EARNINGS", "PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."ERNCD", "PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."FILE_NBR", "PS_JOB"."PAYGROUP", "PS_JOB"."HOME_DEPARTMENT"
FROM
"PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN", "PS_JOB"
WHERE
((("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."PAYGROUP" IN( 'TXM', 'TH2', 'TPS')) AND
(("PS_JOB"."EFFSEQ"= (
SELECT MAX("INNERALIAS"."EFFSEQ")
FROM "PS_JOB" INNERALIAS
WHERE "INNERALIAS"."EMPLID" = "PS_JOB"."EMPLID"
AND "INNERALIAS"."EFFDT" = "PS_JOB"."EFFDT")
AND
"PS_JOB"."EFFDT" = (
SELECT MAX("INNERALIAS"."EFFDT")
FROM "PS_JOB" INNERALIAS
WHERE "INNERALIAS"."EMPLID" = "PS_JOB"."EMPLID"
AND "INNERALIAS"."EFFDT" <= SYSDATE))) AND
("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."PAYGROUP" = '<<Paygroup>>')))
AND
("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."EMPLID" = "PS_JOB"."EMPLID" ) AND ("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."FILE_NBR" = "PS_JOB"."FILE_NBR" ) AND ("PS_AL_CHK_HRS_ERN"."PAYGROUP" = "PS_JOB"."PAYGROUP" )
ORDER BY
"PS_JOB"."PAYGROUP", "PS_JOB"."HOME_DEPARTMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back