Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare modification date of an .ntx and a .dbf file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathmax

Programmer
Apr 21, 2006
FR
Hello,

I would like to compare the last modification date of an .ntx and a .dbf file. For the .dbf file, I can use LUPDATE() but is there a possibility to get the last modification date of an .ntx file ?

thanks

mathmax,

Assuming that you are talking programmatically speaking, ADIR(), will fill an array with the attributes of the select files. Check out Norton Guides for the syntax and functionality available with this function.

Jim C.

Thank you very much. That's all what I need. :)

Due to compatibilty issues with ADIR(), it is advised to use DIRECTORY() instead. Much easier to use.
Sam

I use that strategy in all my applications to see if a database has been modified from another process.

Suggestion: If the index needs to be rebuilt use an "Index On" instead of "Reindex". I don't know the technical reason but I have had corrupted indicies many times using reindex and index on has alway corrected the problem.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

LyndonOHRC,

The issue on the INDEX ON is if there is a corrupt index, which happens occasionally, the REINDEX just propagates the corruption while INDEX ON starts over with a clean header and creates the whole index from scratch.

Jim C.

Jim C., That makes sense. Thanks

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back