Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compare frequencies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcgsmix

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
IL
Hey ppl

i want to make a program for tuning musical instruments.
i'll start with a guitar

for the thickest string in 6-strings guitar the frequency is 82.41 Hz

Question 1:
i need to record a piece of sound (the guitar connects to the mic-in)

Question 2: (the real problem)
and then compare the frequencies bitween every 100 millisecond in the recorded sound, and 82.41 Hz.

Can anybody help me with this? Daniel Cohen Gindi
dcgsmix@gmx.net

someone help me?? Daniel Cohen Gindi
dcgsmix@gmx.net

Your application sounds very interesting. However, your needs are quite sophisticated and therefore, very complicated. Often, sound files are sampled and saved and then simply played under program control.

However, it sounds as though you need "real time" processing of the frequencies so that you can adjust the tone of the guitar.

I have no experience doing anything like this, but I'm hoping others can give you at least little bits of the puzzle. I want to find out how "real time" sampling and processing is done. ::)

Yeah, me too...
It doesnt need to be very complicated. i can also just record some milliseconds and process, record and process... almost like realtime, but good for my needs.

But, anyone can help me??????????????? Daniel Cohen Gindi
dcgsmix@gmx.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back