Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare Autodesk AutoCAD with Autodesk Inventor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQRZ

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
GB
Can someone please compare AutoCAD with Inventor i badly need it i have no background on AutoCAD so i can't compare it my project manager want it on monday please help

and

can you valuate the full range of commands can you tell me what are they and what they do and what they used for please

AutoCAD, mainly 2D (architectural, civil).
Inventor, 3D, mechanical.
Depends on type of work you will use it for.
Also, not enough room or time to explain all commands here.
I suggest contacting Autodesk for a demo.

(I prefer SolidWorks over both)

Chris

Thanks chris but can you please give me more details in compareing eg. how different they are and how two draw in both. etc

i know you don't have to answer but i realy need more details please help me and because i never used AutoCAD i can't do it b my self

again please help me give me more details and thanks

I can't give lessons here. There are a lot of sites to search through for help.
ACAD is a basic drafting CAD software for mostly 2D layout of bldgs and is used for mechanical design. There is some 3D capability.
Inventor is from the same company, but is more for the mechanical 3D solid modeling side.
If you have never used them, or any CAD software, I strongly suggest taking a class at a community college. There may be online courses.
I'm sorry, but there is too much info to teach you here how to use the software and to give all the differences between them.
I will help you the best I can here, but this is not a classroom for teaching the software. Sorry.

Chris

I know iam sorry but i don't want you to teach me just compareing them and thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back