Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compaq Virtual fortran

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahare

Programmer
Oct 20, 2012
thread214-1319128
hi
is there any one to know how display line number in compaq VF?
tanx

No, there is no option in Compaq VF - at least I have not found one yet after quite a few years working with it.

But you get used to it:
- In the bottom right of the screen there you may find the line number of your cursor's position on display.
- If you get an error message of your compiler just clicking on it positions the cursor in the proper line.
- You do not need the line numbers to work with the debugger.

Somehow you can create a listing of your prog with the linenumbers included - I did this once only to find that you really do not need it.

Norbert

The optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this might be true.

Visual (not Virtual) Fortran?..

As far as I know Compaq Visual Fortran was embedded to Visual Studio IDE. VS IDE Editor shows line numbers after that:
Tools|Options|Text Editor|All Languages then Display/Line numbers check on...

May be it helps...

ArkM,

at least my version of CVF is a little different (version 6.6.a).

Tools / options / Editor only shows a few checkboxes for window settings, save options and statement completion options. No 'All languages' option here. And the windows settings options does not have a checkbox for linenumbers on / off.

But as above, I learned to live with it.

Norbert

The optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this might be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back