Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq storageworks disc array 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonz

Technical User
Oct 18, 2006
GB
Hi Folks,

Probably a silly question but i've just aquired a Compaq Storageworks disc array for my half size comms cabinet that i run my server from. what i really want to know is what pci scsi card can i buy to utilize the full raid 5, i'm really not want to spend funny money so any useful links that sell the cards cheap also with scsi cable as well would be a great help as my scsi card that i have just now does'nt support it but it was cheap and nasty and when i bought it i didn't really think to the future but you learn from your mistakes so to speak even though they can be expensive sometimes :(

Any info would be great guys
thx

What is your Storageworks model? Is it a 4214R/4314R?
Most Storageworks Enclosures must be attached to Compaq SmartArray Raid controllers if you want to use all entire functions on the enclosure, like the drive LEDs, but It will run fine on any other RAID controller (you may not have the correct LEDs lit on the drive trays).

Thanks i've now resolved this i went and bought a 2nd hand compaq DL360 dual 1.2ghz with 1.5gig memory and array now works fine along with all drive lights as i've used smart start, thought it was the best option now there's no reason for any conflicts due to it all being totally compatible :)
Thanks again for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back