Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Smart Array 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ywng

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2000
HK
Could anyone tell me whether compaq smart array 3200 raid controller supports transfer rate up-to Ultra3 standard (160MB/s)? The sales claims that it supports Ultra3, but compaq web site states that it supports Ultra2 only. I could only find one controller, smart array 431, which really support Ultra3 in compaq web site, but it doesn't provide battery backup.<br><br>Regards,<br>Woo<br>

The SmartArray 3200 supports Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 and has a total channel transfer rate of 160MB/s.&nbsp;&nbsp;The salesperson was correct.

Um... maybe u are typing mistake, Wide Ultra 3 SCSI is different to Wide Ultra SCSI-3. Wide Ultra SCSI-3 is older that Wide Ultra 2 even, it is just running in transfer rate of 40Mbytes/sec.<br><br>You mean the bus is running in Ultra3 SCSI, not just the controller supports Ultra3 SCSI harddisk only?<br><br>SmartArray 3200 has two channels. The total transfer rate is 2 x 80 = 160 MBytes/sec for the case of running in Ultra2, as they stated in their website.<br><br>Why Compaq don't update their website for elmininate any confusion?<br><br>Anyway, really thanks for your information.<br><br>Regards,<br>Woo<br>

I have posted an article in Compaq Forum.<br><br>Their staff replied that SA-3200 supports Ultra3 harddisk, but it is running in Ultra2 speed per channel.<br><br>Regards,<br>Y.W.Ng<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back