Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Server - Correctable Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavm99

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a Compaq server. I have noticed the error below in the event log appearing at startup. I have tried replacing each of the memory modules in the server but that did not solve the problem, suggestions please!!

Here is the error:

System Information Agent: Health: Correctable memory error detected. The errors have been corrected, but the memory module should be replaced.
Board or cartridge: '0' Module: '4' Spare part number: '' Module size: '524288' System id: 'CPQ0712'
[SNMP TRAP: 6056 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

Might be the system board. Depending on the server version, you might have to replace the entire motherboard, or maybe just the memory daughter board.

I suspected this and was hoping someone would reply without mentioning getting the board replaced! But if that is what it takes, that is what will have to be done!

Many Thanks for your speedy response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back