Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq ProLiant Bug Check Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
We have several compaq servers that are rebooting themselves randomly. We receive this information in the event log:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 5/8/2003
Time: 8:39:33 AM
User: N/A
Computer: HOUCTX03
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0xa001d22b, 0x00000000, 0x00000023). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: M:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.

Anyone recognize this?
Thanks,

Matt Wray

Thanks,

Matt Wray

That message can be from many reasons. Difficult to pinpoint where is the problem.
But since you have it on "several compaq servers", then try to see what are the common/different characteristics of those servers.
Could be: drivers, some software like Compaq Insight manager,. etc).

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K
new: (just started)

If these machines are under the smartpaq maintenance agreement , then hp will come out and replace the processor. We had the same problems and hp replaced the motherboard. The problem started again, and hp replaced the cpu...problem solved.

What version of the Management Agents are you running? The generic Compaq answer is to update the system ROM and run the latst version of the Server Support Paq. I think they are on v6.30 now.

Also, might want to check the Compaq Integrated Log to see if it points to anything further(ie..bad memory stick...)

Are these multi-processor servers?

Check these links to see if anything pops up:

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

To Rhoang,
The log says nothing more about the Blue Screen, just bug check. And yes they are multi-processor servers.
To Marc,
Thanks, those look like some good links. I'll check them out more thoroughly and get back...

Thanks,

Matt Wray

Hi Matt,

I am having the exact same error on two of my Dell PowerEdge 1400SC Win2K Advanced Terminal Servers.

STOP 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0xa001d22b, 0x00000000, 0x00000023)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Address A001D22B base at A0000000, datestamp 3db42a96 win32k.sys

I started getting this near the beginning of July on one of my servers. Now the other one is doing it too. It seems to often happen around 4:30pm. I cannot associate the onset of the problem with any Windows Update, driver installations, or other changes made to the servers.

I have read that 0x1E KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED is a catch-all for errors that don't fit into any other category. I have also read from Microsoft that "If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program." Could this not be Terminal Services?? (Microsoft says that it would be a "third party" program, as if THEIR software is infallible). I have seen that Terminal Services is sometimes subject to some of the same bugs that remote control software (pcAnywhere, NetMeeting) is subject to.

Have you made any progress with this issue? Are you still getting the bluescreens?? I am tearing my hair out trying to figure this one out and I think it may only be resolved with a support call to Microsoft. But the fact that we are both getting the identical error on different hardware platforms suggests to me that it is software related.

Cheers
Paul

We never did figure it out. It just magically stopped, I have no idea why. Everything I researched seemed to point to a Print Driver problem, might want to check that out also. We were going to call MS the next time it happened, but it didn't. Knock on wood!
[hammer]

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back