Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Pressario Vista Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
Just bought this a couple of weeks ago and it isn't giving the correct warning indication when the battery gets low, it just turns itself off!!!

It's very annoying when in the middle of something!!!!

I have checked the power settings in the Control Panel and all look good to me. Notifications are turned on.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I'm not sure how deep you've dug into the power settings so, if you've already done this, I'll apologize in advance. Try this: Go into Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Power Options, Change Plan settings (for whichever power plan you want to edit), click "Change advanced power settings", in the Power Options dialog box's Advanced settings tab, scroll down until you see Battery and expand it to view and see options for various notifications and actions that can take place at certain battery level states. Last, you might want to check to see what sound is attributed to low battery alert in System Sounds.

That is where I checked. I haven't looked at sounds though.

Does it not just put a visual notification in the system tray??? I have the speaker turned off most of the time.

Jamie Green

There should be an icon on your taskbar, provided you have the Power box ticked under System icons. Right click your taskbar, select Properties, select the Notification Area tab, should be the last option on that tab. This gives you the option of whether to display the battery level "meter" in your taskbar and will display a yellow "!" when your battery gets below the specified charge level set in the area I previously posted.

Power Icon is in the system tray and notification is on but we don't get the notification!!!

I think warning is set to 10% and Critcal is set to 3%, not sure at laptop is at home at the moment. Notifiaction is set to "ON"

Jamie Green

You said it was only two weeks old? I'd bring it back and make someone fix it under warranty while you still have one. That being said, maybe take a look at drivers for ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager>Batteries>Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back