Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq NW51 Support Paq - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to ensure that the Java Virtual Machine is loaded on your desktop.

Can be found here:

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I'm having the same problem with that file. I get two files down (cpqbundl.txt & cpqdploy.txt) before you get a timeout error. The error gives you a path to the directory on their FTP server.

ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/common/NWRDU_A.103

I used WS_FTP to browse to the common directory and NWRDU_A.103 is not there. I sent Compaq an email about a month ago and got no reply.

Well, i downloaded the compaq support patch for my ml350 compaq servers running Netware 5.1 and it ended up causing my server to abend everytime it booted, after i removed the compaq service pack it seemed to work perfectly fine i notified compaq of the issue but i never got a response!

another admin at another campus had the same error with his compaq 530? (i think thats the right model) servers and after he removed the patch it seemed to work fine again no more abending! ............from what ive experienced i would stay clear of that patch!

I have CSP v1.06a for NetWare v5.1 loaded on all of my Compaq Servers and functioning without any issues. I haven't made the jump to v5.40a yet.

You may want to try v1.06a, which seems extremely stable.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back