Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq MDR Drivers for W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

dro990

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2003
BE
Hello everybody !

Need some help searching the latest drivers for a Compaq Modular data router (with an MSL5026SL) for W2K Server.

Thanks.

I have used the Compaq MDR in a SAN setup and don't recall needing drivers for the backups. Compaq does have a utility that updates the firmware in their tape libraries and tape drives. I have used the MDR in both a Winnt and W2K environment. What type of problem are you having?

Thanks for you interest.

The problem is that Win2K Server (SP2 intalled) asks for the MDR driver when I boot the server (Win 2K found new hardware ....). My tape library (5026) worked fine until I had to reboot that server (due to maintenance reasons). Now Veritas does not see any one of the 2 SDLT drives.

Does the 5026 library have 2 - 13 slot magazines? Have you loaded the SDLT drivers from the manufacture of the drive? Quantum I believe makes the SDLT. I know you have to load a driver for the individual tape drives. If you have not done so, I would recommend doing this. Check with Compaq/HP web site for the driver for the MDR if one exists. Keep me posted. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back