Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq iPac H3870 - drained battery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

User2609

Technical User
Apr 17, 2002
SE
Problem: battery completely drained after device is not used for 14 days (holliday).
It is a new (2 months) old iPaq.
Anybody has solution (other than standards from compaq) to extend battery live?

I know that the more often you charge it, the longer the battery last. I don't know what you mean by "standard from compaq" so...
you might try a fuel cell, solar panel(very, very expensive) or the cf battery pack? -God Bless

Open the itask menu. Tap and hold on any application. Choose "close all tasks" from the menu that pops up. Then do the same steps but choose "close background tasks". This seems to help battery life when the device is "off". We recommend this to all of our users where I work. As far as I know it is not anything that Compaq recommended but it seems to help.

Another thing is that if you have an expansion sleeve or other accessory that does not have it's own battery remove it from the device if you will not be using the device for an extended period of time. I know the compactflash expansion sleeve drains battery power.

Hope this helps.

wow KelleyL, I never stopped to think of that when I lost my charger. Had I known, I could have waited a wile longer to get a new one. :-( -God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back