Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Insight Manager on Citrix Metaframe 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerBaker

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Has anyone any feedback on whether running Insight Manager on Metaframe is a good idea. I was told by one contact that you shouldn't do this, but I can't think of any good technical reason why not to. These two companies are long term partners.

Thanks everyone!

I'm running the Agents on my Metaframe XP server without any problems, users haven't complained of any performance hits. If anyone has any good reasons not to I'd be keen to hear of them.

Josh..

I also don't have any problems running Insight Manager on any of my Citrix servers. I have had CIM in place for over a year.

Same,

no probs operating with citrix, 1 year on a no complaints recieved.

j

Guys, his question was to Insight Manager on the Metaframe server, not just the agents...

I have run the Manager from my Citrix server - Compaq ML350, WinNT 4.0 SP5 and I forget what level of Manager.

Having fired it up for some time as my requirements have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back