Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compaq glitch ::: continual reboot, on hardware check

Status
Not open for further replies.

canix

Technical User
Jun 1, 2000
US
I am working on a compaq preasrio (mini tower):::

I have troubleshooting this machine with (oddly enough) Trouble Shooter v6.52, but when it goes to detect the hardware, the system automaticaly reboots.

This has happened before on the same MODEL OF CAMPAQ.

The fact that this happens completely negates the ability to get INTO trouble shooter, and there is no OS.

Hope to get some help.. anything will be appreciated.

~X~ Those who seek me, must first seek the storm and the wolf who lerks within it.

Make sure the CPU isn't overheating..Or may have overheated in the past due to the CPU cooler not being cleaned.

I don't know if this is still the case, but in years past when a computer would always reboot upon startup, the problem was almost always an interrupt confict, commonly between the video card and some other device. Motherboards these days do such a fantastic job of interrupt management that I can't imagine this being the cause anymore, but it's always something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back