Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq blurred minitor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orrelljet

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
NL
Hi - anyone help with a blurred image on a S710 Compaq monitor? Surely this can be adjusted internally somehow? Thanks in advance...

Justin.

Try to degauss it, that helps sometimes, ususally it's a menu option or button on the monitor.

MWB.

Disclaimer:
Beware: Studies have shown that research causes cancer in lab rats.

I have seen what looks like a potentiameter (pot) on the back of some older monitors with the word "focus" under it. I would pressume that this can be use to focus a blurry monitor...although I have never tried it. You would probably want to go down to your friendly neighborhood electronics store(trying not to advertise for ripoff shack)and pick up a pack of TV tuners if you are going to attempt this yourself. Also, if you do attempt this, do so at your own risk...the voltage across some of the components is lethal...don't touch anything, unless you know what your doing.

Alex

What are those funny purple stars by some peoples names for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back