Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compair a number on a line with another line

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDMX

Technical User
May 16, 2013
US
Code:
                      SALES ORDERS BY CUSTOMER/ORDER NO             Page 3 of 7
Curr:USA                          DETAIL DATA
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Customer No: XXXSXXXX    XXXX XXXXX & XXXXX SERVICE INC     Order No: XXXXXX9-1  
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Line Item No         Description       UM      Qty    Qty    Qty   Balance  Pl  
                                            Ordered Shipped  BO           
4   XXXXXXX6      HOIST XXXXXX ELECTR  EA         [highlight #73D216][COLOR=#FFFFFF]2[/color][/highlight]      0       0      2   [COLOR=#FFFFFF][highlight #EF2929]25[/highlight][/color]  
                  1 TON 16 FPM                                     05/16/13     
                  On Hand Balance:          [highlight #73D216][COLOR=#FFFFFF]2[/color][/highlight]  Net Available-43                 
5   XXXXXXX2      HOIST XXXXXX ELECTR  EA         1      0       0      1   [COLOR=#FFFFFF][highlight #CC0000]25[/highlight][/color]  
                  1/2 TON 32 FPM                                   05/16/13     
                  On Hand Balance:          1  Net Available-5                  
6   XXXXXXX0      1/2 TON PUSH TROLLE  EA         5      0       0      5   72

Net Available-50              
7   XXXXXXX0      1 TON PUSH TROLLEY   EA         6      0       0      6   72

Net Available3                

Net Available                 
Press [F7]additional line info;[F8]item availability;[Shift_F3]stock info       
Count: *4
<Replace>

My Apologies! I can't figure out how to edit a post.

I am trying to figure out how to compair quanity ordered with the amount on hand(in green) in vba. I also need to take into accound Planet number(in red) and ignore anyother number that is not 25. The orders also might contain lines that extend offscreen and and arrow down will be 1ine at a time the only way to know when you are at the bottom of the page is it will show "last record selected" The lines will move 1 at a time. I.E. in the show screen 4 will disappear 5 will go where 4 for is and 6 where line 5 is etc.

hi theDMX,

to compare the green/red, it's a matter of getting the screen positions, then saying something like
"if redscreenposition value = 25, then compare"

i'm not fully understanding the rest of your issue.

hi,

Used to be a green screen scraper.

Since I did this on a regular basis for a number of different screens, I devised a system to 1) describe the format on any screen 2) capture the data [ area(1,1, 24, 80) ] and parse it into a table in Excel. once you know the data on a screen and put it into a table, it becomes a simple data analysis drill.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks so much for the replies. The second part of the problem is there is only room for 5 lines. If there are more than 5 lines they move up 1 at a time.

I have a report that runs every hour that lists orders "possibly" to ship. Its a lot of work doing this by hand. I'm trying to find a way to get at least part of it automated. I can read the report from excel.
Getting the logic has been a little tricky.

hi the DMX,

when the data moves up 1 at a time, does that mean the red data is not always in the same row? how does the data move up?

yes its always the same row. but in the column that says line only the bottom row will contain new information.

Below line 4: it's position will be replaced by line 5's information and line 5's position replaced by 6's info and so on.

4 XXXXXXX6 HOIST XXXXXX ELECTR EA 2 0 0 2 25
1 TON 16 FPM 05/16/13
On Hand Balance: 2 Net Available-43

each line contains 3 rows, so if i arrow down 3 times, i would get the next line, yes?
in the example you posted above, it shows 4 lines. so if i arrow down 9 times, i would be left with line 7?

no the cursor jumps 3 rows
Rows 8, 11, 14, 17, 20. If there is more than 5 lines of information than only row 20 will have a new line of information that has not yet been displayed on screen.
so if i read rows 8, 11, 14, 17, 20 how do i get it to loop on 20 until there are no more lines available(the screen will echo "last record selected")?

so if there are 5 lines, how do you get to line 5? arrow down? and does that mean line 5 will now shift up 3 rows and the original line 1 is no longer in view?
that would mean any new data would always be on ron 17. yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back