Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compacting in MS Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano1976

Technical User
Dec 16, 2004
GB
I have a series of three databases which filter out a large amount of data for exception reporting purposes. The databases can be accessed remotely by any of four users. Once the first database is kicked off the other two databases run in series until the reports are produced in an excel format at the end. My problem is that once all three have run - including the deletion of any data created ready for the next run of reports - I need to compact them all. Currently I have to do this manually for each database, but would like it to happen automatically once all the databases have been run and data deleted. I know MS Access 2000 can do this, but 97 doesn't seem to have the same functionality. I have tried converting the databases to 2000, but not all of the queries subsequently work and I get error messages.

Is there another way around this?

Excellent - thanks for that. I have been trying to sort this problem on and off for the past year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back