Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compact ICS How to new line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YVaschuk

Programmer
Mar 31, 2007
CA
I connect the new, third, telephone line.

At **266344

At ->"Lines"
I copied all parametres from other, second, line.

At ->"Terminakls&Sets"->"SET___"->"Line access"->"Line assignment"
I assigned Appr&Ring for new line #003 for all users.

Now I see LINE003 at the phone, but I don't hear signal...

You need to skip 2 pairs after line 1 + 2 where the line comes in. So Line 3 should be on pair 5

Just move the x-connect and then it'll all work !

Thank you. It's work fine.
How attache to cascade the new line?
But new line not in cascade. When first two line is blocked the third don't ring...

You need to make sure that your provider has the third line as a roll over from the first 2.

Thanks for all. The provider make rollover.

After all operation the fax stop worked.
Better say the line is work, I hear the signal at the fax, but when other fax call to me my fax don't take the line. :(

Sound like problem with fax machine.

If fax jack connected directly to fax line and jack have dial tone and you call fax line and get ringy ringy but fax machine she's a no answer, this have nothing to do with Norstar. :)

You call fax repair man if you already check fax machine program for auto answer turned on or you search for fax machine forum.

Phonehed in Dallas

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think your phone line provider may have programmed your fax line in the cascade. Your phone line should sound BUSY if someone calls while it's in use.

Phonehed, you the man!

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back