Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compact Database Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dummy99

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
FR
I'm getting the following error messages when I try to Compact my Access database Application and it doesn't seem to be compacting.

First:
Invalid database object reference. - I OK it.
Second:
Same msg. - I OK it.
Third:
The MS Jet datbase engine could not find the object '~sq_fMM'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell it and the path name correctly.

The problem is that I can't find any place where I might be refering to such an object. (One of my forms and one of my macros are named MM and my whole application is working fine.)

Can anyone guide me as to where I could locate where there might be a reference to such an object name or how to get rid of this problem so I can get my application to get compacted.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Dummy,

No-one has answered this, so 'clutch-at-straws' time.

I would personally try to isolate the problem object....

First, either back up the entire DB, or create a new database and export the objects (that you are about to delete) to it.

Delete all objects that have the 'MM' reference in their name.

Try the Compact & Repair again - if it works, import the deleted objects one by one - running Compact & Repair each time until you get the errors.

If this doesn't yield anything, then it's MS Tech Support time I think.

Regards,

Darrylle

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience."

Hello Darylle,

Thanks for the idea - I should have thought of that myself.
However, it didn't work - because of "chain reactions", i.e., it can't proceed because this Form is not there and then it can't proceed because this Query is not there, etc.

The way I found the culprit was by converting my macros to Visual Basic (Open Forms in Design Mode and Macro, Convert...) and then when I ran my application, I got the error message with the debug which took me to the exact point causing the problem.

Many thanks for your help.
Dummy99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back