Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comp TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Bullet

Technical User
May 31, 2002
CA
just looking for imput.

I have several comp TIA certifications, and this point I now my stuff. I don't just study the exam materials.

The testing itself, I find some ofthe questions to be poorly written. I have seen this in other enginnerring certifcations I have done. The reason, I think is the questions are orginally in Japanees or Chinnees and poorly translated to english.

Where I am unsure is when taking exams I am allways looking at bottom left, to see if it says select best answer. I have never seen select best answers. I know I aced my Network +, but was surprised with my final mark still over 800 with base of 910.

The only thing that I can't figure out is that on multiple correct answers, I don't if you are ask you to select the right answers, therfore, I maybe not selecting all the correct answers.

Out of my previos exams, my question base has never asked , not once, to select all correct answers. So I don't know if its there or not.

1Bullet,

I have noticed on most exams that if they have more then one answer they have check boxes, if only one answer then it is a radio button.

On most Cisco exams they tell you how many right answers they are looking for on those questions.

Bottom line is no one really cares what score you get as long as you pass and get the cert!!

Just some thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

I agree you, just want a pass. Everything I have seen I think, has had radio buttons but will be on look out.

I get a performance bonus from my employer based on my scoring on certifications. At first I felt this was an invasion because the information is mine, but just to much money not to take advantage.($5,000.00 for perfect score ranging down to $0 for mark at transforms to 80%.
(An exmaple Network + only reguires a 65% if I got 69% ,I passed but no bonus.)

1Bullet,

If it is a radio button - then you can only pick one - when you click a different button the "selection" moves to that answer.

Check boxes allow you to pick any number and they all stay "checked"

I guess if your boss is paying for the info $$$ he can ask you anything he wants :)

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back