Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comp GIft Card in Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

lislis14

MIS
Sep 15, 2014
US
Is there a way to comp a gift card in Aloha? For a fundraiser for example?

You can comp gift cards in the same way that you comp everything else in Aloha. You'll need a comp for gift cards that are activated within Aloha otherwise your checkouts will end up being off at the end of the night.

First you need to set up your gift card item, whether it's an eCard within Aloha, a gift card through another system, or a simple gift certificate. This item is going to be assigned to a sales or retail category. In the bottom right corner of the item page it says "Member of Category". This is what you're going to need to know to set up the comp.

Once you have your item set up, go to Maintenance->Payments->Comps. In the number box, type whatever number you want to use for that comp, then click the "name" box. Enter the name for the comp. In our system the name is "GC CHARITY". For percent off put 100. Set the maximum to whatever you decide. A lower maximum will minimize your chances of employee theft. Now you want to set this comp specifically for gift cards, so next to "Eligible Items" you want to select whatever category was listed next to "Member of Category" for your gift cards. At this point hit "Save", then you can select what you want to report the comp as. I usually select the comp itself.

As far as check boxes you need to check "Active" and I would highly recommend "Manager Needed", again to prevent theft. I also have the "Print Check" box checked. Don't check anything in the Taxes tab. Don't check anything on the restrictions tab, and max per check there should be 1. Don't check anything on the back office tab. Hit save to finish setting up the comp.

Once it's set up, you need to make a button on your interface to apply the comp. Choose where you want it, set the button function to "Comp" and select the comp on the right side. Name the button whatever you want.

To comp someone a gift card all you have to do is activate it/ring up the sale in Aloha, then apply the comp for the amount of the gift card. I recommend opening a new check just for the gift card comp to keep bookkeeping easy, that way the card and comp are the only things on the check.

Thank you gvlax for the reply

My problem is, I have the gift card sale checked for revenue item. The system won't allow a comp to be applied to a non rev item.

Is there something I am missing in the docs that would allow a comp to be applied to a non rev item menu item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back