Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Community String Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsokc

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
US
Do you know if there is any way to determine the community string of a router if you do not have access to it. The network up here has been going down, so I installed MRTG on one of the machines up here to see if I could monitor the router in this building . The default community string is “public” but this does not work, so it must have changed. So I have to figure out what the community string of that router is, so I can see why the network keeps going down. Is there anyway to tell what the string is? HELP>

think you are out of luck , who owns this network ? Why don't you just ask who is responsible for the router . Otherwise you will have to get into the router to what the community string is in the config .

Without getting into to much depth. We are a small part of a much larger network system. They will not give the specific information I need in order to get in..... I was thinking I didn't have any options but I appreciate your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back