Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Communications Faulted CCR 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

h382

Vendor
Aug 9, 2005
US
So, I installed CCR on a Virtual Machine running 2K3 and SQL Express 2005. The first day, everything ran great, the 2nd day when logging into the admin account for CCR, I get Communications Faulted for the SQL Database section, so no data is being saved.

I uninstalled/re-installed numerous times, could not get it to come back up. I built a new Virtual Machine, installed it again, worked perfect... for a day. The next day I come in, same thing.

I do not have any anti-virus or firewalls running on this server. I did notice around 3am there was a security policy being run, and I saw a few CCR errors at the same time. I'm guessing that's where the fault is, but I've asked the guys who manages the policies and he isn't aware of anything he has set to run at that time.

I've run the gpresult to look at the policies, and none of them would affect SQL or security.

Any ideas?

What version CCR is used ?
Only the latest version works on a virtual machine !!!
Also you should be running 5.0.18 or 6.0.8 if you use the latest CCR.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Sorry, should have mentioned that.

IP412 v6.0.8
CCR v1.2.2.78

Disable the security policy and also try to change the database cleanup time.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

This is one of the errors in the event viewer.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.BusinessLogic.ServiceStatusManager' threw an exception. ---> System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out attempting to send after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to ' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.Send(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.SendRequest(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at Avaya.SBCC.Security.UserNamePasswordSecurityChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.ServiceAgents.managementService.ManagementService.GetSchemaVersion(GetSchemaVersionRequest request)
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.ServiceAgents.managementService.ManagementServiceClient.Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.ServiceAgents.managementService.ManagementService.GetSchemaVersion(GetSchemaVersionRequest request)
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.ServiceAgents.managementService.ManagementServiceClient.GetSchemaVersion()
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.ServiceAgents.ManagementServiceAgent.GetSchemaVersion()
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.BusinessLogic.ManagementServiceManager.GetSchemaVersion()
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.BusinessLogic.ServiceStatusManager..cctor()
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.BusinessLogic.ServiceStatusManager.get_DatabaseMonitorAlarms()
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.FrontEnd.Logon.RenderInitialLogon(Login userLogonControl)
at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.FrontEnd.Logon.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Looking into doing those 2 things tlpeter

h382 (Vendor) said:
1 Apr 10 12:25
So, I installed CCR on a Virtual Machine running 2K3 and SQL Express 2005. The first day, everything ran great, the 2nd day when logging into the admin account for CCR, I get Communications Faulted for the SQL Database section, so no data is being saved.

I uninstalled/re-installed numerous times, could not get it to come back up. I built a new Virtual Machine, installed it again, worked perfect... for a day. The next day I come in, same thing.

I am making the same on a W2k3 SBS SP2 (not R2)

and got the same error on SQL communication and Printer,
the CCR give me king of erratic data (will show you the reports!)

Since I have not a virtual server i got a real server! - move the lab server to the customer facilities (to show him Avaya is not the source of error)

Now expects that this windows geek give light about this issue.

Could you tell me which virtual machine did you use for CCR?

Do you have added the needed ports in to the firewall ?
Do it, even when the firewall is turned off !!!

2.15 Firewall Settings
If the server is running a firewall then traffic on some additional ports may need to be allowed. The detail here cover the
addition of those ports for the default Windows firewall.
1.Access the Widows Firewall settings (Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall).
2.Select the Exceptions tab.
3.Click Add Port....
· Enter a name to describe the function such as IPOCCR SQL Access.
· Set the Port to 1433 and TCP.
4.Repeat the above operation but for UDP port 1434.
5.Click OK.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

Try clearing the Windows application log, I've seen this problem in the past and this has fixed it.

Mine started working all by itself about 5 days later. I got alarms that the Server rebooted a couple times, and when it came back online, CCR was working and has worked ever since.

Maybe it did have something to do with the application log, and windows fixed it.

Hello All,

I get the same trouble on a VM ware machine

with a IP 500 and 6.0.8 CCR 1.2.2.78

All was working fine in the start. but i used the MS SQL 2005 Express advanced.

Thought this was the problem off the loosing the connection to de Datbase allthough it is running local. (Have this also on an non VM 2k3)

But now we get all the script errors like above!

I remember that on the ipoffice-pi.com there was an issue how to fix the databse connection but then the site was hacked.

Does anyone recall ?

Thanks

tlpeter (Programmer) said:
14 Apr 10 0:46
Do you have added the needed ports in to the firewall ?
Do it, even when the firewall is turned off !!!

2.15 Firewall Settings
If the server is running a firewall then traffic on some additional ports may need to be allowed. The detail here cover the
addition of those ports for the default Windows firewall.
1.Access the Widows Firewall settings (Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall).
2.Select the Exceptions tab.
3.Click Add Port....
· Enter a name to describe the function such as IPOCCR SQL Access.
· Set the Port to 1433 and TCP.
4.Repeat the above operation but for UDP port 1434.

I have not done it, however with my lab server plugged to the same subnetwork the "fault communications" never happened, i was switching between the main server and lab server and it was easy (just considering the warnings about licences)

Its more a Windows problem, but wait, i have more to tell

h382 (Vendor) said:
14 Apr 10 12:44
Mine started working all by itself about 5 days later. I got alarms that the Server rebooted a couple times, and when it came back online, CCR was working and has worked ever since.

Maybe it did have something to do with the application log, and windows fixed it.

I was getting very happy with that, a "user-free" fixing.

Because Two days later I am seeing all greens again (except for printer!)

I logged as supervisor to get some graphs and I was astonished of what I get...

the indicators are going up and down like crazy, and so the reports see it by yourself, I have a 15 agent CCR but showed like a 1500 agents CCR

Super View
imageview.php

Report View (realtime)
imageview.php

Hello, full of days waiting and this same issue is making me crazy.

description: IPO R5 5.0 (15)
--- will 15 instead of 18 be the problem?
CCR1_2_2_78
W2k3 R2 sp2 virtualized.

on the contrary of "time helping me to dissappear the problem", i got time helping me to make it appear

the server was 100% ok for many days, now... faulted

Latitude12 - I can't say thanks enough for your post about clearing the Application Event Log. I had it set for 'overwrite events as needed', so things should have been fine. The event log wasn't full - I have it set to 30Meg. In fact, I was getting lots of CCR event log entries as I started and re-started things.

I put CCR on at least two machines trying to fix this and ended up installing SQL 2005 Enterprise thinking it was a SQL issue. I enabled the firewall and set up the correct ports to no avail. Once I hit 'erase all events' the error disappeared almost immediately.

This would have been the last thing I would have thought of doing.

Does anyone have a good idea why this would work? Hello Avaya, take note and fix this please. I don't think this is an Microsoft bug.

TimGMan - no problem

Avaya are aware of this issue, but no-one has actually raised a case for this yet (because no one will pay for support hours). It appears that CCR checks the event log for errors to determine whether the services are faulted or not. I always thought the aplication should drive the logs, not the other way around, but there you go.

FYI in 1.2.4.6 if you clear the app log then the switch connection shows as disconnected (but the overall status stays green!).

The CCR alerts you that there was an error, not that the error is necessarily still active. You must acknowledge the error incident by clearing the Windows event log (and probably saving it first if you really care to). For example, a loss of communication that has cleared itself up is still important enough to look into thus the error notification remains until you acknowledge and clear the log.

This isn't a bug; it is working as it should. The only bug is as latitude12 mentioned that the connection shows disconnected but it isn't really disconnected. This can be cleared by restarting the World Wide Web Publishing service.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
ACE Implement: IP Office
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Maybe Avaya should send an alarm to the supervisor with the message that the event log has an error in it that has to be cleared/reviewed ?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

A yard full of tards

That is what the red square that shows up on every CCR windows indicates :)

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
ACE Implement: IP Office
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I know but does a supervisor knows ?
I guess they ignore it.

I did not set it up yet with a valid email account so i don't know if it is emailed ?

If i have a problem then i stop the services, restart IIS and start the services again :)

Only it is not a live system so i can do what ever i want with it :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

A yard full of tards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back