Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

communication using RS232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamankuet

Technical User
Mar 2, 2006
CA
Hi..

Can any one send me a piece of coding how to communicate or send data to RS232 terminal? I am trying to communicate between a PIC and PC through RS 232. I know how to communicate through PIC if a data comes to RS 232 terminal but i need to send some data to RS232 from the PC program. I am using a QBASIC 4.5.

Thanks a lot.
Jaman

I haven't used qbasic enough to know, but is it an issue that qbasic restricts the 19,2 or because you get data overrun at greater than 9600?
The communication channel in qbasic should be able to handle anything that hyperterminal can use since they are basically the same thing. It is in the processing, what they do with it, that creates speed problems.
I didn't see any of the code but a friend reported that they had problems with gwbasic attempting communications at greater than 9600, I think with the channel filling up from the front before the back end moved it out.
In my experimenting with transferring stuff back and forth with another processor I used a terminal emulator that had data capture capabilities. Don't recall what it was but you might want to try one.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

i was out of this discussion for a while due to an exam..anyway..i think that is an issue...qbasic help told me that baud rate shouldnt be more than that value(9600)..i am not sure what i will do....i will try to make it an another way first..if i fail..than i have to again think about it...can u somehow remember what terminal emulator you used...i am using TERA TERM PRO..

Don't recall what I used then, possibly Arnet's term since I've been using it for years, but you probably could capture it with Century Software's "Tiny Term" which has an evaluation download available from the web.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

found TINY TERM..30 days trial..if found useful than will try to buy..thanks a lot for your help..

HELLOOOOOOO EVERY BODY.
I HAVE A QBASIC PROGRAM THAT DEALS WITH A ROBOT THROUGH A
COM.
I WANT TO OPEN THIS PROGRAM BY MIXING IT IN A C\C++
PROGRAM SO AS TO GET AN EXE FILE ,ANY BODY KNOWS HOW TO INTERFACE QBASIC WITH C\C++?
ANSR ME AT

OOO_OOOMK1983@YAHOO.COM

OOOOOOMK1983:

1) Why not rewrite the program in c++?
2) ask your question in the c++ forum.
3) stop yelling (ALL CAPS)
4) start your own thread for your own questions. You'll get notified when someone answers that way

The answer is "42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back