Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Communication Error - Crystal Mgmnt Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmetz

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
US
When I try to open the Crystal Management Console I get the following error:

Communication failed with all configured web component servers because they are disabled or not currently running. If this problem continues please contact the system administrator.

It seems it won't log in.

Thoughts or suggestions would be great.

It is CE8.0

Check WCS and event viewer to see what's the error message. If it points to WCS disabled but actually running. you may need to stop and disable current one and add a new one to run to see it works or not

Hope it helps !

Ted

I cannot even open the Crystal Configuration Manager.
Any thoughts?

Can't open CCM? well.. I mean from program > crystal enterprise > crystal configuration manager, if you can't open it, I assume something wrong in installation.

Ted

During the installation process you are prompted to enter an administrator password to log on to the APS, I cannot get past that point. Any thoughts on this?

not because of that. But there is an option to allow you select trust sql authentication, if what i remember is correct. or you need to fill in local administrator password.

If APS disabled, I never try to go to CMC. but still, you should can go to CCM. I think you better reinstall CE. I never have problem to go to CCM.

In Crystal website, there should be a installation guide for CE.

Regards !

Ted

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software
and during the installation it says
APS Log On
Please enter user name and password to log on to the APS.

It has Administrator as the user name and I put in
the password for Administrator on the server, I have
even left it blank and it will not work.

There are two options for Authentication
1. Windows NT
2. Enterprise Authentication

I have tried both and neither are working.

Thanks for your help

Install APS seems pretty critical. I got same problem before when I tried to install CE8.0 coming with CR8.5 Pro in my workstation. Have you tried to login as administrator, not network account with local administrator rights?

But after we purchase ce8.5 with huge price. I have options to login to APS and it works.

Right now, In my CMC login, I can both login as administrator for Enterprise, leave password as blank or login as my network user for windows NT.

Could you check event viewer to see what's the error message about that?

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back