Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Communication between two Queue Managers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

srk

Programmer
Jul 25, 2001
IN
hi pals,
can anybody tell me how two queue mangers are made to commnunicate with each other?
thanks in advance.
bye

Hope this helps

Each machine has a queue manager installed and each queue manager manages several local queues. Messages destined for a remote queue manager are put into a remote queue. A remote
queue is not a real queue; it is the definition of a local queue in the remote machine. A remote queue is associated with a transmission (xmit) queue, which is a local queue. Usually, there is one xmit queue for each remote queue manager. A transmission queue is associated with a message channel. Message channels are unidirectional, meaning that you have to define two channels for a conversational type of communication. Also, you have to define each channel twice, once in the system that sends the message (sender channel) and once in the system that receives the message (receiver channel). Each channel pair (sender and receiver) must have the same name.

I successfully use the cluster shared queue to transfer message from one machine to another on Windows NT, using MQ Series 5.2 .
But I have trouble to implement the communication with channel. I defined the transmission queue,the sender and receiver channel on both machines, and make sure the listener is running. I have make it sure that the channel names matches on the two machines. But when I try to start the sender channel on one machine, its status is always 'retrying'.
what's the matter?

How can i apply MQSeries from Active Server pages. I have VB COM object that has connection to a IMS program via MQ-Series. I have designed a VB front end which instantiates this dll and brings back data sucessfully. I cant accomplish anything from ASP and get error message from Queue manager:
MQRC_Q_NOT_AVAILABLE. I use the same environment variables in the above scenarios.

Please help. thanks in advance..

AALI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back