Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

communication b/w two subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajavelupmc

Programmer
Jun 11, 2002
US
Hi

I have a ADC on a server with DHCP installed with two network card.
I have 5 system working under DHCP generated ipadress(192.168.0.x series)
My server is (60.30.30.x) and i have a 5 m/c with static ip address in same (60 series.
i am not able to communication between 192... and 60.30.30.x.
i can access adc server from all dhcp clients but all other static ip address system i am not able to access.
could u explain me this concept and help me to solve this.

Thank you

If I understand correctly, you have 2 adapters in your server. One is 192.168.0.x and the other is 60.30.30.x. The server acting as a multihomed router. The 60.x.x.x clients cannot access the server? Clients on opposite subnets cannot communicate? If this is correct, what communications are possible from the server itself? The static clients at 60.x.x.x should be able to communicate with server. What does a ping response show on the 60 side between client and server? Jim - Synnex Info Tech

Do you have NAT configured? If you are using a multi-homed server as a router between the subnets, you will need to set up NAT in RRAS... Thanks,

Matt Wray

Seizure.
All system with ip address 60.x.x.x can interact with each other.
all 192.x.x.x can communicate with the server which has second ip address as 60.x.x.x.
my problem is 192.x.x.x cannot communicate with other 60.x.x.x computer.

mattwray
I have not configured NAT. I have a ICS on the server i thought that does the NAT.
if i am wrong pls correctme and help me how do i solve this problem..

Thank you

You do not want NAT or ICS on either interface. Lets make sure I have it right. You have 2 internal LAN segments connected to your server. You want the server to route the communications from one segment to the other. Is this correct? One segment is the 60.x.x.x and the other is 192.x.x.x. Neither is supplying a connection to the internet. If this is correct, we need to get rid of ICS. The 60x clients are being NATed by ICS to the 192 segment where the packet dies. that would be the only reason I can see that the 60x clients cannot access the server. Jim - Synnex Info Tech

After confirming that the 60x clients can connect to the server, check for the existence of routes to each subnet with the "route print" command line. The routes should already be listed for any directly connected interfaces. Add the route if necessary with the destination subnet for each subnet. Route -p command. Use route /? for examples. Jim - Synnex Info Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back