Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Communication Assistant/ Network Camera integration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow01

Vendor
Oct 3, 2011
US
Some of the brochures and documentation for the CA software on the KXT and NCP systems state that Panasonic's network cameras are in some way able to be integrated into the CA client interface. I just installed CA Pro Version 4 on my 64-bit Win7 PC and connected it to my sales/demo NCP500, but I can't find anywhere in the interface to connect to a camera, is there a specific license/version of CA that I need? Is anyone using this for a doorphone application, and does it work well?

Once you have a ip camera on the network you asign a extension on your ca pro
You edit the contact and in there you can add a camera. When you get a call from that extension/ group the camera will open

This will not work with all ip cameras

So a camera must be linked to a doorphone to appear in CA? Can you view the camera via your contact list, even if the doorphone isn't ringing?
Do you know what model cameras are compatible?

I think you can look without call. Not sure which ones but the bl range should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back