Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

common dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad123

Programmer
Jun 22, 2005
DE
Hi! I wanted to use a common dialog control in Access 2003 but I dont have this in Components. So, I use a code from The problem is that I can browse but not open (when I press open its not doing anything). Can you tell me where is the problem?!
thanks!

When you press open it will be saving the files name to a variable (it appears to be the return value for the function GetOpenFile). You will then need to open that file manually afterwards.

Hope this helps

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Help us to help you,
read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

HarleyQuinn said:
You will then need to open that file manually afterwards.
Sorry, by manually I meant that you will have to code the file open using the returned filename.

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Help us to help you,
read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

I tried something like this :
Dim strFilePath As String
strFilePath = GetOpenFile
Open strFilePath For Input As #1

But, the problem is that I don't want to read or to write from or in this file, I want just to show it. And I dont know how.

You may try this:
CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run Chr(34) & strFilePath & Chr(34)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back