Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Common Dialog version issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmythegeek

Programmer
May 26, 2000
US
I have an inherited .mdb with a browse button (common dialog active x) that works on my box, but doesn't on a co-workers new box (it worked on his old one).

We are both using XP Professional SP2, and we both have the same version of MDAC. His box simply will not recognize the control (it appears as a white box). Since I don't have a Comdlg32.ocx on XP to compare to his version, does anyone know where I can look next?

Any input would be helpful, thanks.

Jim Lunde
We all agree your theory is crazy, but is it crazy enough?

Check the references:
when in VBE menu tools -> References ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Sorry I didn't mention that, they have the same references.

Jim Lunde

Does the database compiles properly ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Yes, I just tried it, and it compiles with no issues.

Jim Lunde

it compiles with no issues
on both box ?

Hope This Helps, PH.

I'm not concerned whether it compiles on mine (although it did), as the dialog control works on my box.

It compiled on his new box as well, even though the control is not recognized on the form. The control simply shows up as a white box on his form, while on my machine it is the typical gray box with black picture.

FYI:
----------------------
Both using Access 2003
Both running XP Pro SP2
All references are the same
Both MDAC versions are identical (2.81) (I compares using Microsoft's Component Checker download)

I am stumped.

Jim Lunde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back