Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Common Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggrewe

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
US
I would like to create a Calendar in Public folders that would list the calendars for several people simultaneously. For example, I would like to be able to see what salesman are working today. Can anyone help with that?

It is actually pretty easy. If you are the administrator of the calendar and the domain, do this. Go into your Outlook and create a new calendar and name it anything you would like.

Now open your folder list, so it shows the public folders. Now either copy or move your new calendar in your mailbox over to the Public Folders. Now assign permissions for everyone in your department or domain and everyone should now be able to see it and use it.

Hope that helps.

Norman

Norman, Actually what I am looking for is one calendar that lists several people, not my calendar in Public Folders. For example, the calendar could be called Salesman. When I open the calendar, I can see the schedule for all the salesman by day. Not have to open one calendar for each salesman. Does that make sense?

Put shortcuts on your outlook bar for each calendar would probably be the only way. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Ggrewe,

That is what I meant by one calendar in public folders that all the salesmen have access to. I mainly install Exchange systems in Law firms. They like to have one calendar where all the attorneys can place their schedules so the secretaries can see where they are on any given day.

The attorneys use the public calendar, that they only have access to change and add and make appointments on it. They then give the secretaries view permissions to even see the calendar and can see where the attorneys are for any given day.

What you could do is create a calendar for the salesmen and give them editing privilages. Then give yourself view rights and have them update that one calendar with thier appointments. Now you can see where they are on any given day. With this method, you don't have to open a calendar for each salesmen. Let me know if you understand. I do this all the time and it works out great.

Norman

That's cool, but does anyone know how to autocopy appointments from various personal calendars to the new public one?

I think if you set up the public calendar as a resource and invite it to the meetings (or make the meeting requests from the public calendar and invite attendees), all events should appear in both the users and public calendar. AJ
SA
HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back