Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comments Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

acorbally

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
I would like to know how and what to use for comments. I would like the user to be able to use hotkeys or press a button to bring up an editor or screen where they can enter comments about the case. I would also like to date stamp and stamp the user's name each time they open the comments and make changes. ( to track changes ) I tried using an editor, but it does not save the data I enter and an editor seems to be associated with a text field. I don't want that. I want hot keys to open comments or a button. Also when looking at using an editor it seems it is limited to varchar2. My comments field is a clob. I may not have made myself clear on opening the comments". I would also like the comments field to keep all previous data entered. Basically an ongoing comments field for a particular case. Where the user does not see any of the comments until they press the button or use the hot key and then it will display the case comments. The comments will be used for each case and updated each time the patient calls in. So I will need to keep the comments from each transaction and allow them to be viewed at any time.
Any feedback will help! Thank you.
Andrea

Perhaps this might help,

Resource files associate application functions with specific keys, using what are known as key bindings.
A key binding connects a key to an application function. When you bind a key to a function, the program performs that function when you type that keystroke.
By defining key bindings, you can integrate a variety of keyboards to make an application feel similar on each of them.
In some instances, you may want to define your own key mapping for a specific Form Builder function. For example, on Microsoft Windows, the default key mapping for [Show Keys] is Control+F1. Using Oracle Terminal, you could re-map the [Show Keys] function to Control+F2 or to some other desired key mapping.

When you create a Key-Fn or Key-Other Triggers, you must use Oracle Terminal to associate a key with your Key-Fn or Key-Other function. Creating a key binding for your trigger allows it to fire when the operator presses the key sequence associated with your trigger.
The key bindings that you create using Oracle Terminal automatically appear in the Show Keys window when the operator invokes the Show Keys function.
Note: Key bindings must be unique. When you define a key binding, verify it against each bind category to ensure uniqueness.

In addition, there are functions which have multiple key bindings.
For example, [Accept] is mapped to both F10 and the Return key, depending on the context. As a result, in order to consistently bind a sequence of keys with a function, you must modify the key binding for each instance.
On some platforms not all keys are able to be re-mapped. For example, on Microsoft Windows, because keys are defined in the Windows keyboard device driver, certain keys cannot be re-mapped by Oracle Terminal. Key combinations integral to Windows, such as Alt-F4 (Close Window) and F1 (Help) cannot be re-mapped. As a general rule, keys which are part of the “extended” keyboard also cannot be re-mapped. These keys include the number pad, gray arrow and editing keys, Print Screen, Scroll Lock, and Pause.

Oracle supports remapping only those keys from F0 to F9.

If it helps let me know. I could give you more practical details.

Perhaps this might help,

Resource files associate application functions with specific keys, using what are known as key bindings.
A key binding connects a key to an application function. When you bind a key to a function, the program performs that function when you type that keystroke.
By defining key bindings, you can integrate a variety of keyboards to make an application feel similar on each of them.
In some instances, you may want to define your own key mapping for a specific Form Builder function. For example, on Microsoft Windows, the default key mapping for [Show Keys] is Control+F1. Using Oracle Terminal, you could re-map the [Show Keys] function to Control+F2 or to some other desired key mapping.

When you create a Key-Fn or Key-Other Triggers, you must use Oracle Terminal to associate a key with your Key-Fn or Key-Other function. Creating a key binding for your trigger allows it to fire when the operator presses the key sequence associated with your trigger.
The key bindings that you create using Oracle Terminal automatically appear in the Show Keys window when the operator invokes the Show Keys function.
Note: Key bindings must be unique. When you define a key binding, verify it against each bind category to ensure uniqueness.

For example, [Accept] is mapped to both F10 and the Return key, depending on the context. As a result, in order to consistently bind a sequence of keys with a function, you must modify the key binding for each instance.
On some platforms not all keys are able to be re-mapped. For example, on Microsoft Windows, because keys are defined in the Windows keyboard device driver, certain keys cannot be re-mapped by Oracle Terminal. Key combinations integral to Windows, such as Alt-F4 (Close Window) and F1 (Help) cannot be re-mapped. As a general rule, keys which are part of the “extended” keyboard also cannot be re-mapped. These keys include the number pad, gray arrow and editing keys, Print Screen, Scroll Lock, and Pause.

Perhaps this might help,

Can anybody plz help me with this? Is there any way to use arrow keys in fortran. I have made some sort of a game and i need this badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back