Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Commandbarscontrol and right mouse click 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDRoss

MIS
Sep 27, 2002
IE
I have security concerns for a backend database. Though it requires user-level logon access, I would still need to disable Access menu items. I don't have any custom menu bars, but I would like to disable "Export" features and other database utilites from the curious. So far when I run this code it disables the "Menu Bar" menu:
Code:
Application.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Enabled = False

However, if I right click on a table I see that the "Export" control is still active.

What could be happening or how can I reference this Right-Click menu. Any advice?

John

Hi,
Open your Shorcut Menu bar

Tools > Customize > Shortcut Menu

Database > Table > then drag the commands that you don't want to the dialog. It will dissapear from the menu. You can even customize any other commands that you want.

Close the dialog and right click on the table !!

also make sure that it customized only in this database by opening another database.

Regards

Zameer Abdulla

I personally like to use custom menus for everything so I have control over what the user sees. It's easier to add the controls they need than to remove all the built-in stuff.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

[sleeping]Unemployed in Houston, Texas

Thanks Zameer and VBSlammer,

I will implement your suggestion Zameer for now but I am also interested in VBSlammer's approach, can you give me some idea how to go about creating custom menus? And is it possible to save these and have them for other databases as well?

John

Zameer

"...also make sure that it customized only in this database by opening another database."

I did the shortcut menu thing you suggested but I wasn't quite sure what the following meant "then drag the commands that you don't want to the dialog."

I right clicked the deleted the menus and now they are gone from all databases.

Any ideas to restore and start again?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back