Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawzer

MIS
Aug 28, 2001
US
I have a large # of servers to hit. Is there a way, via CMD, to query an ARCServe job for that jobs' target, schedule, and method of backup.

Thx

DR Shaw

I see that today is your first day on Tek-Tips.
Welcome to the forum for Arcserve.
There are FAQs for installation, patching, troubleshooting slow backups and Exchange agent installation.
There is a command line interface for Arcserve 2000. It is supported only through CA. You must call your CA rep and make a case to get the command line interface and documentation.
There is also a built-in and documented facility for limited job management from the command prompt:

The new version of Arcserve, Brightstor EB (formerly Cheetah), has an EXTENSIVE command line interface.

Jim P. Ames
jimpames@hotmail.com

I'd have to admit, the support for ARCServe leaves a bit to be desired. It wasn't even an 800 #. Anyhow, I did call and they said it could be done. I've found the files were the info is stored, but a bit of it is code. Do you know if the ARC2K CMD can be used on older ARC?

Thx

DR Shaw

I'm sorry, ARCServe said that it could NOT be done...

I was able to parse a file with a hex editor to find the tag bytes. Does anyone know of a way to parse a file w/ a hex editor in a batch file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back