Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command of MsDos to store Java commands in a Buffer!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dat

Technical User
Oct 20, 2000
CA
Hi
I totally forgot........
I write java program in MS Dos editor.When I finish writting a program I save it and complile(ofcourse everybody does).If there are error in my program I edit and save and again typing javac and filename again.My problem is that I have to type number of times javac filename to compile and java filename to run.I believe there is one command in MSDos editor to store these commands(javac filename/edit filename/java filename) so that if press up or down arrow key will get those commands(History Buffer).Pl someone tell me that command.......
Thank you in advance

dat

if you type

doskey

on the command line and press enter, this will allow retrieval of old commands by using the cursor keys.

You could also create a batch file - which is a normal file with the extension .bat ... you can write some DOS commands in there and they'll be executed chronologically when you type the name of your batch. When typing you can also leave the .bat extension away...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Hi
Thanks pipk and Haslo both doskey and batch file works.
Thanks once again

-dat

Hi dat,

You can use IDEs like JBuilder etc. Just a click on a button to compile and another button to execute the program.

Regards,
Leon If you need additional help, you can email to me at zaoliang@hotmail.com I don't guaranty that I will be able to solve your problems but I will try my best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back