Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitel33

Technical User
May 6, 2009
US
Hi All,
The vendor and I update the 3300 system to Release level: 4.1 SP2 active software 10.1.2.13 prior to the upgrade I was able to use the move swap command without problems, now I only get Command not supported. Also when I need to modify a name I go to the Users and Devices, found the user and click change them I click apply or save and I get No Matching Record found. I also try to modify the name from the telephone directory with same results, any idea on how to fix this “errors”/Problems?

Thanks,

Looks like your upgrade didnt go so well, from what version did you upgrade, have you migrated to SDS prior to the upgrade, did you do a migration precheck, and resolved any problems with that?

And, did you make a full backup prior to the upgrade ? :)

I remember seeing that Move swap is no longer supported in the course documentation.

As for the Tel Dir issues: I also think the upgrade either caused issues or the proper steps were not followed. A call to support will probably be required.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

This sound indeed like a upgrade that has not followed the correct upgrade steps.
Looking at your User and Device tab you might also have issues with the first name and last name not being present.
The way to fix this is to make an export of you Tel Dir.
Remove all Tel Dir entry's on all cluster members and then import the exported information again.
That should do the trick.

The Move swap command doesn't return until at least release 5. It was pulled from MCD 4.1. That is why you get "not supported"

The tel dir problem sounds like db corruption.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Thanks all, I did the precheck and I clear all the error messages, sometimes the Vendor/Tech that help me out doesn’t know too much :( either do I but I see a lot of errors that I point out and the usually answer is don’t worry about it. We did get some errors on the upgrade that he went around and got it "to Work" and now I'm stuck with the database error. He is calling tech support now and we will see what the fix is. For the swap move is bad that they removed it, I have two campus and people move often so the swap move was handy. We did a backup before the upgrade and we recover from that backup, I used to have OPS and it was a problem before on the names on the display (upgrade 4 broke OPS and tech fix around was to key the names directly onto 33000) show an empty name and the real name with the same number vendor assume that it was going to get fix once we turn OPS off and we did the upgrade obviously didn’t work.

Users and Devices, found the user and click change them I click apply or save and I get No Matching Record found.

Is this a standalone system or is it clustered

I have has a similar issue on a clustered system the way I resolved it was to save the MAC address delete the user check to make sure it is also removed from the tel dir and then recreate it pasting the MAC address back in.

My issue was centered around embedded voicemail which the system does not have, but the User & device form showed as programmed. Deleting and reprogramming the device corrected the corruption.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

@shwmea The problem resolution mentioned above will fix your issue and with this procedure all phones stay up and working. Users will not have any interuption

Is it just me or was MCD 4.1 SP2 (10.1.2.13) not replaced by MCD 4.1 SP2PR1 (10.1.2.16) I would suggest another upgrade

Yes that version has issues with PoE on older Cisco switches

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back