Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Line Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotte

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2000
US
Can you feed Crystal prompts via a command line? I want to utilize a more advanced scheduler than is available via Crystal. In order to intergrate it with Crystal, I need to be able to feed the Crystal reports various parameters via a command line. Does anyone have any experiemce with Crystal handling accepting parameters via a command line?

If you mean a DOS or windows command line, there isn't one. Provid more info. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

If I could pass parameters via a VB application to Crystal, that would be fine. Can you launch and send parameters to Crystal via VB? If so, how?

There are lots of ways. But you need the developer edition. Do you have that? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

My development staff does have the development version.

There are several good resources for VB material. Crystal comes with a developers guide, and there are several application examples on their web site. There are also several independent books that you can buy, including my own "Quick Reference". One very popular book that covers all of Crystal is the "Complete Reference" by George Peck. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back