Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command line macro stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
This one has me cornfused

I am starting an automated integration run which should be very simple but can not get past the running of the macro to login. I have recorded the macro which logs the user (me in this case) into the system and have placed that command into a .bat file ( c:\Dynamics\Dynamics.exe c:\Dynamics\Dynamics.set c:\Dynamics\MyLogin.mac

it logs me in just fine - the problem is that the .bat file (or more accuratly the macro) does not 'finish' so I can not run the next command in the .bat file --- the command prompt window stays open and the .bat file keeps running (even though all of the macro commands are done).

ne1 have any brite ideas this close to the holidays?

Did you finish your macro with a File>>Exit command? It will look like this in the macro file "MenuSelect title File entry Exit". This should return control to the batch file.

problem is that I do not want Dynamics to exit. I want the macro to stop so that the next command in line (another macro or possibly an integration manager set) would run. File->Exit should actually stop Dynamics which is not the behavior I want.

jymn,

I am in same stats as you. I am trying to 1. login to the eEnterprise, 2. run the integration, then 3. logout of eEnterprise. I am able to do the first and second by following the user guide, but not the third one.

While I was searching for a solution to logout after the integration, I found some threads here, which may guide you, further.

1. Automating Integration Manager
thread632-663292

2. Scheduling Integration Manager
thread632-587308

If you are able to logout successfully after the integration, pls post it.

Good Luck!

thanks for the response yasin123 - been there --- tried that. The problem is that my IM is not set up to handle the direct sql integration (much to my disapointment)

I am hopeful that when I make the jump from 6.0 to 7.5 later this month that this problem and others will go away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back