Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command for showing adapter card performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khhoban

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Would there be a command to show me how the ethernet card is truely performing on an AIX 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 server. I would like to make sure that the card is running at the 100-full duplex setting. What type of read/write numbers means that the adapter is being saturated? Any other helpful hints to adapter performance monitoring and tuning?

Thanks!

Well ' netstat -I <adaptor name> 2 ' will show you packet statistics, throughput, dropped packets, errors etc. I'm not sure if it shows duplex or TXFR mode though.

Also if you have ' topas ' it shows you network, vmem, cpu, hdisk, and many more options in semi real time.

You might also check ' smit ' and look at the configuration options for your ethernet adapter.

netstat -v will give you plenty of information about your adapters. If you do netstat -v en0 | grep -i speed
you will be able to tell what your current speed is.

hi,

you can also try running entstat -d en?
will show you device and driver statistics and speed port is running at etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back