Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command for Object Assigment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratster

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2003
US
Can someone please tell me what the command is to find out what type of object is assigned to a phantom type extension?

For example when you type in the command disp sta XXXX. The extension exists, but assigned to a different object. The object could be a hunt group, ethernet link, etc. I forgot what the command is to further dig into these extension numbers.

Thanks

If you wish to see a range of extension types try this:

list ext <start-ext-range> count <how-many>

So if you wanted to see the extension types of the 100 extensions that follow extension 2000, type:

list ext 2000 count 100

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

I used the list extension-type XXXX command. That was the one I was looking for.

Now I want to modify the device which is an ethernet link to the Intuity. I know that cha sta XXXX will not allow me to modify the device due to the fact it is a different object.

Any ideas?

Thanks all for your replies

If you type any command, (like change or list or display...) and then press the 'help' key, the system will list the available objects.

If you continue any command line like 'list measurements' and press the 'help' key, the system will continue to tell you the options you may enter after your object.

With practice, you will learn the command structure simply pressing the 'help' key. As long as you don't make any changes and press the 'enter' key, you can look around at just about anything. It's a good way to learn the systems commands.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

U might have to busy the link to the Intuity to be able to change the extention(the data module?? I am assuming). And of course that will disable the INtuity from taking any calls.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Ratster,

the device which is an ethernet link to intuity is c-lan board. for it to function, you need to create or change data-module. so if you know an extension number for this module, type change data-module xxxx and have fun. note that this data module enables c-lan to function at all, it has no specific relation to intuity. it only provides a medium for processor link to work. if you'll explain your problem in more detail, it will be useful to decide how to help you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back