Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Buttons look better in XP than Windows 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fileman1

Technical User
Feb 7, 2013
GB
I have an application made on Windows XP. My command buttons don't use themes and they look good. However the application on Windows 7 looks awful, the buttons are boring grey rectangles. Why should an operating system affect an Access applications looks. Is there a way to get them to look the same? Thanks

What version of Access are you using? Not sure about 2003, but in 2007 try unchecking "Use Windows-themed Controls on Forms" if it's checked. It can be found in Office Button|Access Options|Current Database|Applications Options.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Thankyou. I am using Access 2010. I have unchecked "Using Themes" and that's when the command buttons go ugly grey and bland rectangles or square depending on stretched use. The application in XP does not use Themes, and they look good. Sometimes I think we go backwards when we go forwards.

Thanks for the link, useful workround suggestion. Thanks for coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back