Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Buttons don't work correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkcarol

Instructor
Jun 19, 2003
US
In the textbook we are using this summer (post secondary technical instructor here) the students are to set up a switchboard and use the buttons to print preview various reports. Maybe there is something wrong with my Access program, but I keep getting an error message about ambiguous name . . . You are not directed to create a macro. Just use record operations, print preview . . . etc. Can someone help me figure out why this is not working. Thanks.

If you post the code behind the buttons and explain exactly what is happening, perhaps someone will be able to answer your question more easily.

I do not know if I can help you because I do not understand your problem.

Try again, teacher!

Judge Hopkins

There are only two rules for success: (1) Never tell everything you know.

My students always get that problem. They attempted to create the buttons more than once giving it the same name based on the same event. VB nor VBA allows for buplicate control names on the same form/dialog. Press Alt+F11 to get the VBE and remove one of the event procedures

Sub CmdClose_Click()

'code goes here

End Sub
'*************************************
Sub CmdClose_Click()

'code goes here

End Sub

The above example is not allowed.

God Bless!

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.