Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

command button - where does dropdown list originate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelville

Programmer
Jan 20, 2009
CA
Hello, as a volunteer with a non-profit group, I maintain their Access DB which was developed by someone who left long ago. My Access skills are basic.

I've been asked to delete a form. The form is accessed via a dropdown list which appears when a command button is clicked. I cannot figure out where this list is generated. I have searched the code. The properties of a command button doesn't appear to have a data source e.g. query.

I hope I've made myself clear and someone can help.
Thanks

Are you sure you want to delete a "form"? I can't imagine why this would have much value. A dropdown list is probably a combo box. Combo boxes get their items from their Row Source property.

Can you share some combo box properties and explain why they want to delete the form.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Duane, thanks for your quick response. As you suggested, there was a combo box associated with the command button.

The form is being deleted because it is almost identical to another form. The other form will be updated to include the additional info from the form being deleted.
Alex

The form should appear in the database window unless it's hidden. The name of the form should be somewhere in the code of the afterupdate event of the combo or similar. You haven't told us much about the Row Source of the combo or other significant information about the application.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back